I practice mot understand how the impact fee would apply since this machine would be like any other BMW I would purchase at a dealer; BMW builds it to The states specs and delivers information technology like all the other United states cars they build. Then the gas guzzler tax I would not pay unless i choose a vehicle that falls in that catagory and the EPA/DOT standards would not be a problem since the car is built to Us specs

this is a program for military but (stationed or deployed overseas) and basically I would get the motorcar congenital to the verbal specification I want delivered to a local BMW dealership for virtually $7000 less than MSRP. The benifit is I do not take to haggle the dealer down to this toll; it is just what I get.

I am merely wondering about the taxes. I have tried to find exemptions but military buying overseas is non i of them, nor is ownership while in a combat zone (which I am).

I did more than reading on VA property tax and it would be roughly $1000 (I based the $200 on the fact that that is what my girlfriend pays on her car, which is non a BMW), I am not familiar with all the details but I think it is yearly and it is based off of some sort of book value as of the get-go of the year (or something similar that).

From my research I have been able to do I call up it would be cheaper to register in VA. The VA revenue enhancement is 3% vice 6% in FL, and because I am a FL resident in the armed forces I would be exempt from property taxation in VA. I presume that I would not pay a FL impact fee if the machine is non registered there.

I tin can register in FL later, after a twelvemonth or and so. I would exist waived from the utilize taxation afterward 6 months of the car being used in a different state. Only I am not familiar with the touch fee. Is that only to do with bringing in a car congenital to another countries specs? if so I would assume I would not become this since the car is build like any other american BMW.

I have looked into the ownership a car from BMW and driving information technology around europe on a vacation then having it sent dorsum to the states. you relieve about $5000 off of MSRP then information technology is not equally good. the taxes would exist less on a "used car" and I have non looked into that too much. BMW does have that program set up merely it looks like it would cost more than the opetion I have through the military.